Ring’s video doorbell 2 supports steady security at a cheaper cost. On the contrary, Ring video doorbell pro is slightly costly but has advanced camera features.
Both the doorbells have some fantastic features like custom zones, infrared vision, Alexa integration, and 160⁰ field of view. Although there is a monthly security plan available for both the doorbells, the app control gives a straightforward self-monitorization solution.
If you are about to choose a perfect doorbell, the article, ring doorbell 2 vs. pro, will make the job easy for you. Could you give it a read below?
Description of Ring Doorbell 2
Ring doorbell 2 is bulkier in size, has a very sloppy appearance, and is rectangular. A blue light ring around the bell button gives a very classy look to the bell. It is yours to do it yourself doorbell with a specific, easy-to-all install feature and occupy more space.
This bell provides a host of essential aspects, including infrared night vision, so that you can see the intruder in the darkness. The camera records both the night vision and Live View.
The noise cancellation feature of Ring Doorbell 2 is very outstanding, as this feature cut off the false noise alerts. It has a built-in speaker and a microphone, which helps a two-way conversation with the visitor.
The Ring Doorbell 2 is cheaper compared to other doorbells available in the market. With so many attributes at such a low price makes it very cost-effective and worth buying.
Description of Ring Doorbell Pro
The Ring has made a prominent name in the market of security cameras and security systems. One of the masterpieces of Ring is its Ring Video Doorbell Pro. It can work with your existing doorbell wiring.
The stylish and trendy design of this doorbell looks beautiful and complement your door. It occupies a little space and does not seem to be a wired bell.
One of the best attributes of this doorbell is its custom motion zones. You can customize these motion zones to focus on what to record and when to record to avoid false alarms. It also has infrared night vision cameras.
It presents a 1080 HD quality video so that you can even notice the tiny details. The pre-roll feature of the camera makes a video recording of four seconds. It presents it to you even before the ringing of the doorbell.
The Ring Doorbell Pro has a video zoom-in option that lets you zoom and sneak in the video to have a closer look at what’s going on in your surroundings. The camera traits of this doorbell have surpassed every other doorbell available in the market.
Basic Similarities Between Ring Video Doorbell 2 and Ring Video Doorbell Pro
Many specifications are present in both Ring Video Doorbell 2 and Ring Video Doorbell Pro. These similarities are as follows.
- App Control: Both the video doorbells can be monitored and controlled using a mobile app. The mobile app is the Always Home app
- Temperature Range: The temperature range of both the doorbells is from minus five to 120 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Audio Features: In both of the doorbells, there is a two-way audio specification. Moreover, both have the noise cancellation feature with an HD quality live video.
- Motion Alerts: Both the doorbells notify for motion alerts.
- Video Storage Capacity: Video storage is the same for all the ring cameras; it can store video clips for almost 60 days.
- Professional Monitoring: There are optional monthly protection plans available on both the doorbells. These plans provide professional security from the company.
- Miscellaneous: The cameras of both the doorbells have the same specifications for night vision, the field of view, storage, artificial intelligence, and smart platform integration.
Apart from the similarities mentioned earlier, there are some critical differences between the doorbells given below.
- Price: The price of Ring Video Doorbell 2 is $169, and the cost of Ring Video Doorbell Pro is $249. So, the Video Doorbell Pro is $80 costly than the Ring’s doorbell 2.
- Installation Procedure: The Ring Video Doorbell Pro needs a hardwire connection to get installed. The Ring Video Doorbell 2 can be installed using both batteries and hardwiring; hence doorbell 2 is very easy to install.
- Advanced Motion Detection: The feature of Advanced Motion Detection is present in Ring Doorbell Pro only while absent in doorbell 2.
- Power Backup: Among both the doorbells, the Ring Video Doorbell 2 comes with a rechargeable battery pack that keeps the power on during a power disruption. The doorbell pro is wired installed and has no power backup.
- Field of View: The Ring Doorbell 2 has 160 degrees of view, while the Ring Doorbell Pro has Amazon Alexa Integration.
- Design: The ring doorbell 2 is a bit colossal than the doorbell pro. It occupies more space than the doorbell pro. On the other hand, the ring doorbell pro is your traditional doorbell, very sleek, and voguish.
Ring Video Doorbell 2 vs. Ring Video Doorbell Pro
|Ring Video Doorbell 2||Ring Video Doorbell Pro|
|Battery Life||6 Months||6 Months-Year|
|Starts Recording||Motion Detection or Doorbell Push||Motion Detection or Doorbell Push|
|Operating Temperature||-5 to 120 Fahrenheit||-5 to 120 Fahrenheit|
The appearance of both the cameras is somewhat similar. There is two noticeable difference between them. The first is that the doorbell pro is a little bit smaller than the doorbell 2. The other prominent difference between the two is the camera orientation.
Although the hardwiring has more benefits over the battery, the installation process is wary and complicated. It may require a technician to install the Ring video doorbell pro.
The doorbells work while connected to the Wi-Fi and provide motion alerts whenever someone presses the bells. Both the doorbells also work in perfect collaboration with the Always Home app and Alexa.
No Artificial Intelligence Feature
Artificial intelligence is absent in both the cameras, which is somewhat disturbing when it comes to false alarms. The cameras may give you false alarms and alerts of animals, children, and side walkers. These false alarms are sometimes very bothering.
One of the features that make the doorbell pro more notable is the Advance Motion Detection. Using this feature, you can customize the activity zone of the camera of the doorbell. This customization will help you to focus on what to record and what not to record.
This extra feature of Ring Doorbell Pro will help you to avoid false alarms. It will only notify the actual presence of a person.
Pros and Cons of Ring Video Doorbell 2
- It comes with only two interchangeable face pallets, Satin nickel, and Venetian.
- It has a cloud recording option.
- It offers a wireless installation too; hence can be installed in less than five minutes.
- It has a signature feature to have a two-way talk with the guest at the door.
- It comes with a battery pack.
- The battery promises to last for about 6-12 months and is known for its longevity.
- The Ring Doorbell 2 is bulkier in size.
- It has no trait-like motion zone customization.
- It does not have a digital zoom capability.
Pros and Cons of Ring Doorbell Pro
- It has a very eye-catching design, giving a traditional look.
- There are various options to change the doorbell design’s visual appearance as it comes with four interchangeable face pallets.
- It has a very slim and sleek design.
- It has both on-demand streaming and cloud recording.
- It has a pre-roll feature, which is very useful for specific situations.
- It has built-in pre-buffering technology.
- It has a digital field of zoom.
- It is not easy to install, as it is a wired doorbell.
- It is pricey as compared to others.
- It may sometimes offer some barrel distortions.
All the information about the Ring’s video doorbells will prove helpful in your best interests. If the Ring doorbell 2 is cheap, easy to install, has a battery backup. The Ring doorbell pro has advanced motion detection and digital zooms.
Both these doorbells provide modern solutions for modern problems. If you are going for a low price option, choose doorbell 2, but go for a doorbell pro if you are going for some extra camera features. The ring doorbell 2 vs. pro will be helpful to choose between the two video doorbells.